Sunday, November 25, 2007

Bad Bunnies


The USAT National Club Challenge starts December 1st. 44 clubs try to outdistance each other during a three month winter training session. The December emphasis is swimming, January is cycling, and February is running. Last year we held our own against bigger clubs like Washington D.C. and San Diego. We resorted to extremes like gathering New Year's Eve, the first night of the cycling session, to do a roller ride outdoors on frozen Jewel lake.

USAT made it a little harder for us this year by breaking up our 150 person team into two groups, now named Rabid Rabbits and Biting Bunnies, and by gerrymandering the time zone rules so we couldn't get an early jump on midnight by starting our sessions at 9pm. Too bad for them it won't make a difference. 

Beaker had me create the above logo to work with the team names. Simple but slightly twisted. I hope to hear about someone from San Diego or Washington D.C. who wakes up in a cold sweat and says; "I was being chased by a snowshoe hare wearing sunglasses...and...and...no matter how fast I ran he kept catching me. I just can't get that picture out of my head!"  Yes, I will have done my job well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian- I am honored to have shared a lane swim with the designer of our logo! You didn't mention that! Given all the focus on bicycle racing in your blog site, I am expecting to see some major biking miles thrown up on our Wabid Wabbits team standings by you soon.

Bryan said...

Thanks. I'll try to get those miles in.